Piotr Pushowski and the Crates
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
A Sokoban-clone mini-game.
This game was made in the up and coming programming language Jai (working title) by Jonathan Blow.
This is the first known game to be published in the Jai language!
Source available on github: https://github.com/daafu/sokoban
- 1 bit pack tiles: https://www.kenney.nl/assets/bit-pack
- music_build.ogg: https://opengameart.org/content/build
- door_open.wav: https://opengameart.org/content/rpg-sound-pack
- door_close.wav: https://opengameart.org/content/door-open-door-close
- push.wav: https://freesound.org/people/ralph.whitehead/sounds/565727/
- option.wav: https://opengameart.org/content/8bit-menu-highlight
- select.wav, cancel.wav: https://opengameart.org/content/8bit-menu-select
- footstep.wav: https://opengameart.org/content/42-snow-and-gravel-footsteps
- level_done.wav: https://opengameart.org/content/level-up-power-up-coin-get-13-sounds
- swish.wav: https://opengameart.org/content/swishes-sound-pack
- draw_open, draw_snap: https://freesound.org/people/ec3638/sounds/619994/
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Link to the "1 bit pack tiles" has a typo. Cheers!
I liked it. Sound didn't work for me though.
Wish there was a secret unlocked by pushing "the end" into some satisfying arrangement :)
Hah that's dedication:)
Congrats on publishing a game in Jai! I loved it, and so thrilled to finally experience a taste of Jai. Would love to see the source code someday because I'm wanting to develop games in Jai as well. Great work:)
I really liked the juicy way of your game at the change of room.
I did not find how to reset a room
it would be nice to be able to hold down a key to move
Nice game, thank you
Reset with backspace, instruction for that in upper right corner.
Tried it on macOS Catalina and
wine-7.7 (CrossOverFOSS 22.0.1),
The program crashed because it tried to write to a null pointer.
Printing the stack trace:
... (skipping OS-internal procedures)
Really enjoyable! A great combination of slick graphics and fun gameplay. Check it out!
Nice, I loved the level transitions!
Nice use of Jai. Finished it. Fun game. Level 6 had me for a bit.
Nice! Completed on Linux using Proton.